- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-oriented service interface and modeling, including real-time and event-driven systems, application systems in a multi-platform environment including cloud focus for APIs.
- Provides system architectural direction and recommendations.
- Formulates system scope and objectives and devises and modifies procedures to solve problems.
- Prepares detailed specs from which API interfaces and implementations will be designed, built, tested and delivered to software testing teams.
What will your job look like?
- Attend daily stand-up to review progress and impediments, agile ceremonies
- Work closely with the Modeler and Integration Analyst to:
Develop and maintain Cloud REST APIs and Microservices, which includes the full lifecycle of solution:
- Technical user story
- Interface design
- Swagger (Open API) definition
- Full stack engineer implementation design
- Full stack engineer build (debug, containerize, spin up locally
- Develop Full stack engineer unit test plans and cases
- Execute the Unit Test (includes Security scans, Performance, Capacity, etc.)
- Validate that all test cases ‘pass’
- Perform peer review of code change and document
- Automate the unit test for BitBucket check in
- Check the solution into BitBucket, automated unit test executes successfully
- Configure the container parameters
- Expose to the Gateway
- Request test deployment of your solution with CI/CD coordination
- Validate the solution deployment
- Validate logging
- Validate service visibility through the monitoring tools
- Document the service in the service catalog
- Retrofit back to main trunk
- Document Lessons Learned with identification of opportunities for automation, share with the team during retrospective
- Success criteria: operationalized solution designed, developed, unit tested, deployed, documented, monitored
- Deliver solution considering automation potential in all processes which includes frequent interaction with DevSecOps
- Become a SME to provide technical expertise for analysis, design, coding, testing debugging new and existing services
- Gain an appreciation for what the Modelers and Integration Analysts are doing to capture and store the backend system of record (provider) data by working closely with them in the process of delivering REST solutions
- Analyze system interaction issues; provide strong debugging and problem-solving skills with excellent understanding of system development methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Perform peer reviews
- Develop high performance (low latency) solutions
- Exercise leadership while supporting and mentoring other team members
- Know test automation and Typed Java script and champion and adopt open source
- Provide testing support (sometimes on weekends)
- Professionally document and maintain solution Wiki Developer Portal user and reference materials
- Complete all required training timely
- 3 to 5 years JBoss development experience
- 3 to 5 years in financial services industry
- Education: MBA or equivalent experience (SOA interface modeling is a plus)
- Cloud development of APIs and Microservices, Experience modeling RESTful solution using Swagger is a plus
- Develop and maintain RESTful and SOAP business functions on JBoss or the Cloud;
- Technical expertise for analysis, design, coding, testing debugging new and existing services
- Ability to analyze system interaction issues
- Performance of peer reviews
- Development of unit test cases and plans
- Proven ability to mentor contractors and new developers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including comprehension and verbal skills, written communication, conflict resolution, teamwork and cooperation, and relationship building
- Full stack engineer management tools experience is a plus
- Knowledge of development, environment and support tools, such as RedHat/OpenShift, Fuse 7, Virtusa finOS, IBM Full stack engineer Connect experience is a plus
JDK 1.6 and above, TOAD for Oracle Pro 12.0, Oracle Client, MKS Integrity and BitBucket Tooling, Splunk, Spring Boot , Spring Integration, FUSE 7 exposure/experience, WSO2 API Manager & Gateway, RESTful interface design and implementation, Kubernetes, Java/GO language, Python, Node.js, JDK Install, Maven, BitBucket, Ant, Elastik Search, CI/CD Jenkins pipeline, Camel, JBoss Developer Studio 5.0.0, JBoss Application Server/SOA Platform 5.3.1, SOAP UI, WTX Design Studio, SonarQube, Microsoft Visio, Word, PowerPoint & Excel
Why you will love this job:
- You will be able to use your specific insights and deep knowledge of customers’ business environments to influence decisions impacting customer to optimal solution design.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field