- Responsible for designing, development of responsive, dynamic web-application systems in a multi-platform environment with integrations to backend systems.
- Modernize User Interfaces of legacy applications helping end users with better experience.
- Understand and implement scalable designs and multiple UI frameworks to allow adoption of newer technologies.
What will your job look like?
- Attend daily stand-up to review progress and impediments, agile ceremonies
- Participate in discussions with UI Designers and system analysts to implement or modernize web applications.
- Develop, test web applications with integrations to different types of backends.
Develop and maintain responsive web application with integrations to diverse backend systems:
- Technical user story
- UI design
- Swagger (Open API) definition
- Full stack engineer implementation design
- Full stack engineer build (debug, containerize, spin up locally
- Develop Full stack engineer unit test plans and cases
- Execute the Unit Test (includes Security scans, Performance, Capacity, etc.)
- Validate that all test cases ‘pass’
- Perform peer review of code change and document
- Automate the unit test for BitBucket check in
- Check the solution into BitBucket, automated unit test executes successfully
- Configure the container parameters
- Exposure to various front-end and APIs technologies
- Request test deployment of your solution with CI/CD coordination
- Understand UI (A\B) testing frameworks
- Document Lessons Learned with identification of opportunities for automation, share with the team during retrospective
- Success criteria: operationalized solution designed, developed, unit tested, deployed, documented, monitored
- Deliver solution considering automation potential in all processes which includes frequent interaction with DevSecOps
- Become a SME to provide technical expertise for analysis, design, coding, testing debugging new and existing Web applications
- Gain an appreciation for what the UI Designers and System Analysts are doing to capture and store the backend system of record (provider) data by working closely with them in the process of delivering REST solutions
- Analyze system interaction issues; provide strong debugging and problem-solving skills with excellent understanding of system development methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Perform peer reviews
- Develop high performance (low latency) solutions
- Exercise leadership while supporting and mentoring other team members
- Know test automation and Typed Java script and champion and adopt open source
- Provide testing support (sometimes on weekends)
- Professionally document and maintain solution Wiki Developer Portal user and reference materials
- Complete all required training timely
- 3 to 5 years UI development experience
- 2 to 3 years of Java 8 + experience (Spring, struts is a plus)
- 3 to 5 years in financial services industry
- Education: Bachelor or equivalent experience
- User Experience (UX) design concepts
- Experience modeling RESTful solution using Swagger is a plus
- Experience on Web Application on JBoss or the Cloud;
- Knowledge of 2-3 UI frameworks (React, Angular, VueJs)
- Knowledge and experience of security standards such as JWT tokens.
- Technical expertise for analysis, design, coding, testing debugging new and existing services
- Performance of peer reviews
- Development of unit test cases and plans
- Proven ability to mentor contractors and new developers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including comprehension and verbal skills, written communication, conflict resolution, teamwork and cooperation, and relationship building
- Full stack engineer management tools experience is a plus
- Knowledge of development, environment and support tools, such as RedHat/OpenShift, Fuse 7, Virtusa finOS, IBM Full stack engineer Connect experience is a plus
JDK 8 or above, IDE (VSCode\Eclipse), Swagger, TOAD for Oracle Pro 12.0, Oracle Client, MKS Integrity and BitBucket Tooling, FUSE 7 exposure/experience, WSO2 API Manager & Gateway, RESTful interface, Kubernetes, Node.js, NPM, CI/CD Jenkins pipeline, JBoss Application Server/SOA Platform 5.3.1, SOAP UI
Why you will love this job:
- You will be able to use your specific insights and deep knowledge of User Experience\interface design and technologies.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field