Does anybody know what the phrase “Emotional Decluttering” means? I know most of us are saying no, but I’m sure you’ve had a taste of it before. In this article, I will explain what it is, and how to do it, to those who are unfamiliar with the subject.
What exactly is Emotional Decluttering?
Emotional decluttering is the process of recognizing and removing things that have a negative impact on your thoughts and emotions from your life. When emotions are suppressed, anxiety and sadness frequently follow, so it’s critical to clear your mind for a fresh start.
Let me be clear that decluttering your life is not simple. It’s a difficult job no matter how you approach it. Understanding, mending, and removing emotional clutter are the keys to decluttering your life.
Here are some tips to assist you in overcoming the challenge of decluttering your life:
- Get rid of any limiting beliefs that are holding you back. Imagine releasing them into the earth and choosing to feed yourself uplifting thoughts.
- Handle any previous grievances or resentments. Everyone will take a different approach. Find out what works best for you, whether it’s writing, permitting yourself to forgive, or working with a professional who can help you recover.
- Prioritize self-care in your life. Make time for that nap, exercise, or mani/pedi. We all need time to recharge and disconnect from the stresses of everyday life.
- Self-Empowerment. Not all emotions and their tales are harmful! Some of these feelings and tales about them may make you joyful, while others may teach you valuable life lessons. Create an emotional place in your head for such emotions and the tales that go with them.
- Change your routines. You may need to take little breaks in the early evening. Whatever that thing is that you’re missing, find a method to include it into your daily routine to allow for mental, physical, and spiritual well-being.
- Feel free to express yourself. Watch a movie and weep. Laugh till your belly hurts. We tend to bury our feelings within, which causes us to feel weighed down and depressed.
- Consider the kind of life you wish to lead. Consider your ideal existence to motivate yourself. Project it into the world. Will it entail a professional shift, pursuing a hobby, or contributing to society in some way? By visualizing where you wish to go, you can begin to consider the actions involved to get there.
- Love Yourself. Some of the weight we bear can be attributed to overburdening ourselves. We may be harsh on ourselves as well. Practice self-affirmation in the mirror. Begin to encourage yourself, and you’ll see how much lighter you feel!
- Make your own haven. Make a designated area for quieting your mind and decompressing. Be sure to let others know that when you’re in your safe space, they’re not to disturb you.
- Keep your focus on awareness. To begin, concentrate on your present task. Bring your thoughts back to the present moment whenever they wander. You won’t feel as overwhelmed if you don’t allow yourself to get sidetracked.
That’s how I’ve practiced emotional decluttering, and I’ve seen massive changes in myself. The change will not happen overnight, but with consistent practice of the methods above, you will notice it. It was a beautiful journey through my emotional decluttering. I suggest you follow the above tips and feel the change in your life. If you have any tips to add, please, feel free to comment.